Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let It Happen

So, I really like this song by Jimmy Eat World. Its called, "Let it Happen" (the title kinda gave it away). This is kinda an odd thing to point out, and an odd reason to like it, but I like it that the guy has a female backup vocal. There are hardly any rock bands who do that anymore! I like the combo. Its very classic... kinda Rolling Stones-ish. I like it. I've determined if I'm ever in a band that I'll make sure this happens. Its unique anymore, and it has a nice harmony. Today the voices just blend together (with a few exceptions (FIF, BS2, and the Fray come to mind, there are others though) and it kinda defeats the point of having a backup vocal at all.

But I don't know. I have odd music tastes. I've also determined that I'd want a violinist in my rock band. I love electric guitars with violins! Heck, I'd probably insist on a full orchestra. Now that would be a stuffed tour bus... maybe I should rethink some of this. But anyways, thats actually one of the reasons I like BS2. I believe they described themselves as a "supersonic philharmonic". I love it. Its amazing. Check them out.

-Em (Like its anyone else... or is it??? FWOOHAHAHA! Okay.... it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment