Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just what kinda girl do you think I am?!?

Ever feel like no one really gets you? Like everyone has this preconceived image of what and who you are? And no matter how off they are, they don't understand that your someone else completely? I've been feeling that lately. I've literally got the "Quite girl in the corner with her nose up a book who never talks and is perfect and has a genuine halo in the back of her closet," reputation. Not only is this title unreasonable, its a lot to say/type. *sigh* I'm none of those things! I'm rather obnoxious and sarcastic! I can be rather loud, and a halo? Yeah, right. That's far from the truth. I can be rude, I'm really blunt, and I laugh at my own really lame jokes. I enjoy odd music, everything from ska to metal. I don't read the Bible as much as I should. I have an awful temper. I never cry in front of people because it hurts my pride. Eye injuries freak me out. I get hung up on really stupid details, and then annoy the crap out of everyone when I point them out. I like shooting guns. I'm a slob. Even if I had a halo, I probably couldn't find it! I write stupid stories. I love the Civil War! And I want to hit hypocritical people in the face! See? I'm nothing like the girl everyone thinks me to be. Nor do I want to be.

People say I never talk, but whenever I try they walk away or tune me out. I'm starting to think maybe the problem isn't just me, but others too. I've tried screaming. I've tried writing. Nothing seems to work. I feel like I'm up against a brick wall sometimes. I'm screaming, yet no one bothers to check out what's wrong. Only about 4 people from my class actually have scratched the surface of who I am. That greatly disturbs me. I don't really know what to do.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment