Saturday, August 15, 2009

Okay, this isn't at all an irksome issue, but I read a great book today. Its called Finishing Becca. My only real problems with it are...


******spoilers!***


***will ruin book completely if read****


***read the book 1st*******


*****I'm serious*****


******No really, its fantastic the first time when you don't know what's going to happen, not so much when you do******


******I'm not joking, its a serious matter!*****


*****Last warning!****


1. The romance between Becca and Persifor(sp?) isn't developed at all. One second your wondering at the end of the book if they'll ever get together as you assumed, scratched that, where SURE of! And then all the sudden she's telling the cow, "Gee, nothing goes right, does it? Me and Persifor(sp?) where supposed to get married last spring but...." I nearly had a stroke. No, kidding. But I get really into books. It numbed my brain for a while there. I would of loved to see them awkwardly falling in love. Not reading her talk about it to her cow. Although, I did find that touch amusing.

2. We never got to know much about Persifor. What he was really like.

3. I can't pronounce Persifor's (or spell probably) name.

4. Becca's character could have been finely tweaked a tad. A tad more character development. I think the main reason I'm saying this is because of reason number one. She would have been changed a little by a romance, all book characters are.

It would have made a great secondary book to tell their romance a little. I'm not that much of a romance fan in real life, but I think it keeps a book's plot moving. And keeps the characters more interesting. And I feel like I lost touch with the character when I had grown close to her. I should hope that a second book comes out, but I'm certain it won't. But there should be one. If anyone knows Ann Rinaldi, tell her this.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment